· 2U rack
· 8SFF (SAS/SATA) with optional SFF Universal Media Bay (P14609-B21), 8SFF midtray, and/or up to 6SFF rear drive bay options
· 24SFF bay (SAS/SATA) with optional 8SFF mid tray drives and/or up to 6SFF rear drive bay options to a total 38 SFF drives
· 8LFF with Universal Media Bay (standard), supporting 2SFF front, optional 8SFF mid tray or 4LFF mid tray, and up to 4LFF rear or 6SFF rear drive bay options
· 12LFF with optional 4LFF mid tray and up to 4LFF rear for a total 20LFF drives
- The 8SFF chassis can be upgraded to support up to 24SFF (front) with a variety of 8SFF Drive Cages to select from, including 8SFF U.2 NVMe, 8SFF U.3 x4/x2 Trimode, 8SFF U.3 (x1 Trimode), and 8SFF SAS/SATA. See "Drive Cages" section within this document for options.
- The 8SFF chassis comes with an 8SFF SAS/SATA drive bay by default in bay 3. This can be replaced with other 8SFF drive bay options by selecting 8SFF Front Bay 3 Cage/Backplane Removal FIO Option (873763-B21) and then selecting a different 8SFF Drive Cage. See "Drive Cages" section within this document for options.
- The Universal Media Bay (P14609-B21) is only available as an option for the 8SFF chassis and can only be populated in Box 1.
- The 2 LFF primary and 2LFF secondary rear cages will consume all PCIe slots for the primary and secondary riser, respectively
- The 8 LFF chassis cannot be upgraded to 12 LFF front in the field.
· Standard – fan types included
- On SFF Chassis only, 1P models ship with 4 standard fans. If a second processor (quantity 2 of CPU) is added, then Qty 1 Standard Fan Kit (P37042-B21) must be selected, which includes the additional 2 standard fans. However if Maximum Performance Fan Kit (P14608-B21) is selected – either for better cooling performance or due to the population of certain options that require it - then Standard Fan Kit (P37042-B21) need not be selected.
- The 12 LFF and 24 SFF chassis ship with 6 performance fans as standard.
- The 8 LFF chassis ships with 6 standard fans as standard. The population of certain options may require up
- The Maximum Performance fan kit (P14608-B21) is available to meet ambient temperature environments.
- In general, the Maximum Performance fan kit is required when rear drives, or >205W Processors SKUs, or Intel Optane Persistent Memory, or High Performance NVMe drives, or certain backplanes are populated. See notes under each option category or each individual option for specifics.